A Gentle and Subtle Cellular Level Regenerator
What is Reiki?
I can tell you what it isn't. It is NOT a massage. My hands are placed in a stationary position on various areas of your body.
What it IS is a modality to rebalance your energy in certain areas of your body. It has its own intelligence. And it goes to the cellular level.
A Typical Reiki Session
1. The client is fully clothed and can either be lying down on their back or be in a sitting position.
2. The client is asked to relax, breathe close their eyes; just be. Call in angels, spirit guides, God, whatever the belief system is to assist in the healing process. No religious belief is even necessary.
3. Music is used; aromatherapy can be used for the session.
4. The practitioner will prepare themselves silently.
5. The practitioner will begin at the head and place the hands on (or above) three head positions, the throat, the heart, the solar plexus, the navel, the lower abdomen, the knees and feet. The client may be asked to turn onto the stomach. Then the practitioner will touch the back in four positions, the back of the knees and again the feet. Sometimes, practitioners will touch other parts of the body based on intuitive feelings or channeled information.
6. The client may feel tingling, warmth from the practitioners hands and other sensations or they may experience nothing. Many fall into "Reiki slumber" a semi-conscious dreamlike state that will be totally relaxing and peaceful.
7. The practitioner may smooth the aura and then allow the client to "reawaken" at their own pace.
8. The client may feel effects many days after the healing has occurred. Vivid dreams, calmness, increased energy are but a few of the after effects. For clients with chronic problems, a series of sessions may be required.
It is Universal life force energy - plain and simple. It always was, is and will be. Some call it God, some call it The Source; it has many names and facets. We are part of it, it is part of us; we are all one. It is at the cellular level; it is DNA. It is healing energy and it is light. It is a path of enlightenment and connection to the Source. It is a gentle but powerful modality used in "hands-on" healing. It has its own intelligence - during a healing session it goes where it is needed. The Reiki practitioner is the conduit through which the life force energy passes and enters a client going to the cellular level healing mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually. It has been known to eliminate dis-ease completely. It balances the energy centers in the body known as the "chakras" which link to the endocrine system. It is the miracle of life itself. To experience it is a gift to all.
· One of the greatest Reiki healing health benefits is stress reduction and relaxation, which triggers the body’s natural healing abilities (immune system), aids in better sleep and improves and maintains health.
· Reiki helps bring about inner peace and harmony. It can be valuable tool in the quest for spiritual growth
· Reiki also balances the mind and emotions. Regular Reiki treatments can bring about a calmer and more peaceful state of being, in which a person is better able to cope with everyday stress. This mental balance also enhances learning, memory and mental clarity.
Reiki can heal mental/emotional wounds, work through dysfunction In more severe situations, Reiki can help alleviate mood swings, fear, frustration and even anger.
Reiki can also strengthen and heal personal relationships. Because Reiki enhances your capability to love, it can open you up to the people around you and help your relationships grow. By improving your capacity for empathy, Reiki allows you to connect with people on a deeper level.
· Reiki offers relief during emotional distress and sorrow. Reiki helps in the grieving process. It cleans and clears the emotions, preventing them from being so draining and offers perspective.
· On the physical level, Reiki helps to relieve pain from migraine, arthritis, sciatica ~ just to name a few. It also helps with symptoms of asthma, chronic fatigue, menopausal symptoms, and insomnia.
· Reiki speeds up recovery from surgery or long-term illness. As it helps in adjusting to medicine/treatment, it also tends to reduce side-effects. For example, Chemo-therapy patients who received Reiki noticed a marked decrease in side effects from treatment.
· Reiki can be an effective way to treat immediate problems, such as physical or mental illness (recovery from surgery, but regular treatments can also improve overall health. By helping to maintain a state of physical and emotional balance, Reiki can not only treat problems, but perhaps even prevent them from ever developing.
· Reiki is for everyone: it heals adults, babies, toddlers, children, elderly and pets.